Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Nice to Meet You 2013

I woke up this morning actually feeling different - 2013 will be a year that I prove a lot to myself. I am really hoping I am up to the challenges I have put in place for myself, but I believe that I can. 

A lot of people ask me about my resolutions, this year I am keeping them to myself, but I will share the resolutions that Steev & I have put in place for ourselves. 

2013 marks 10 years that Steev & I are together. In April, we will celebrate 10 years of becoming a couple. Living together for the past 4 years & being married for 1 has brought us to face many new obstacles but together we have been able to overcome it all. 

So, to make light of all of the mess life has thrown at us, we have chosen to have some fun. Instead of being bored, we have decided to be excited. Instead of beating ourselves up for being unhealthy, we have decided to explore food!


We took 2 of our many Mason Jars and each wrote out 26 dates & recipes to pick out every week and experience together. I don't know his dates or recipes, he does not know mine, so every week we will be looking at something new! The dates range from old favorites to places we have never been before and only a few could involve food (we decided). The recipes was really fun, we took down our many cookbooks and picked out 26 ones we wanted to try. I picked a lot of Weight Watchers and Vegan Recipes (to mix it up) with a few Top Chef indulgences. I am really curious to see what he chooses. 

At the beginning of each week we will choose one paper from each and then pick a day of the week to follow through. This is something I am really looking forward to in 2013.

This blog will be going through a makeover also - I am purchasing Photoshop within the month and when I teach myself some tricks this blog will become a big kid blog! 2013 will be a fun year to document, project 365 will continue on my Facebook, and our weekly dates and recipes will be documented on here. 

Happy 2013 Everyone - What are your resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment